Wednesday 5 September 2018

My mammal

I am doing an information report on a mammal (Llamas). There are lots of facts about llamas. Hope you enjoy.

Llamas as you all know… I think, are cool creatures but that’s just my opinion, so you don’t have to agree with me but I think you should after I talk to you about these fascinating creatures of the wild.

Llamas can be very tall. They are about 1.7-1.8 m (adults) and their mass is about 130-200 kg (adults)

They live for about 20 years in the wild. The scientific name for is lama glama which is a really weird name. Llamas are actually smart they make really good guards for herds of small animals. Llamas are very friendly but they can spit on you they will also ‘adopt’ a herd of sheep or goats and make them their own. They will also chase off all the coyotes and other predators as well.

An adult llamas diet is 43 to 45 kgs of grass, hay, corn silage, alfalfa and grass roots. Llamas don’t drink as much water as other mammals but they still drink 3 gallons of water a day.

There habitat is Andes mountain there natural habitat is Andean highlands, specifically the Altiplano southeast Peru and western Bolivia.

So that's my blog on a mammal (Llamas)!! Hope you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment