Friday 15 March 2019

My Accident Story


Sword Fighting
February 2019
By: Riley
I am learning to entertain my audience through a recount.

POW, SMACK, CRACK, these were the noises echoing from my bedroom before an almighty … AHHH! It was a typical afternoon play fighting with my dad. We had our foam swords drawn facing each other as the battle continued. Dad taking another swing at me in good fun, me ducking and diving as I would stab at him. Dad swung at me again with his green foam sword… If this was in slow motion it would be like the matrix but that wasn't it, it was us in my room. I ducked again, not feeling anything as the sword connected with me, but my dad just stared at me with fear in his eye. He ran to his phone in a panic dialing the A&E. I didn’t know what was happening so I looked in the mirror behind me...

Standing before me was red liquid running down my forehead. It was a nightmare even if I couldn’t feel it, it was terrible. The little 8 year old me was scared for life. My dad rushed over with a towel and an ice pack to put on my forehead. My dad made me sit down and wait till he had finished his call with the receptionist at A&E. As he hung up the phone that was it we were off to A&E, VOOMMMM. Once we got there we had to wait so long but then finally we got in to the doctors office. I had to get glue on my forehead, it hurt so much it was like 4 people sitting on your face! But it was over in a bit and I have definitely learnt my lesson to not start a fight with my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment